Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Morning After

Lessons Learned!!!  (1) Wear Protection, (2) Always have plenty of smoke, (3) Make sure you have good weather and most of the bees out of the hive.


This morning my eye was completely swollen shut from my two stings on the face yesterday.  I called in sick today and was at the doctor's office at 8am.  Always looking for an opportunity, my swollen face became quite a fun way of talking about beekeeping with the staff and patients in the waiting room.  The doc gave me a steroid shot, wants me taking benadryl and Xantac several times a day, take two days off work, and use cold compresses on my eye and face.  The funny thing is my doctor is very interested in beekeeping and would like to come see my bees sometime. 

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you just went 10 rounds with Muhamid Ali......"float like a butterfly, sting like a BEE!!!! Dont worry the last time I got stung on the lower jaw it looked like I put a whole pouch of Redman in!!!!

    ReplyDelete