Tonight was the big night! Dawn and I moved the Queen Cells into their new mating nucs and hope to have Queens emerging the middle of next week. I pulled frames of bees from the West Hive, East Hive 1 and East Hive 2 in order to make up 12 mating nucs. These are two frame mating nucs and I put one frame of bees and a frame of foundation so the workers would have something to do while they waited. I did manage to get stung on my left lower leg...a bee found its way into my suit and down my boot leg! Boy did that one hurt!
I also checked the hive from the Altamont extraction, and unfortunately they have no Queen....bummer, becase they were such gentle bees I hoped to have their Queen. Next week I hope to graft another set of Queens and see how they go!