Friday, March 18, 2011
Filling the Feeders
This evening after work we headed up to the farm to prep the hives for large scale feeding. I took off the old candy boards, which were about finished off anyway and replaced the inner covers for the spring season. About a month ago I made several entrance feeders and decided to put them to good use. I had Dawn make up 1.5 gallons of 1:1 sugar water and I placed 3 1-quart feeders on the inner cover and placed a hive box and lid over them. That gives each hive enough sugar water for several days. I hope to get up there soon and see how much water they are consuming this early in the season.