Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jumping In with Both Feet!

Hi, my name is Larry and I plan to be a beekeeper. I'm not one yet, but I have committed to the task by purchasing some of my equipment. Yesterday I attended a beekeeping school in Henderson, Kentucky and learned a wonderfully, overwhelming amount of information on beekeeping. I have the tools purchased and two bee suits (one for me and the other for which ever family member I can convince to visit the hives).

My next step is to order my bees and hives. It appears that bees are running out fast, so I need to place my order ASAP. I have invested about $260 and it looks like another $200 for the bees and then the hives. To keep cost down I will probably order hive kits and assemble them myself.

I decided to start a blog to keep track of this crazy little hobby. We will see where it goes. Bees are amazing! The more I read about them, the more facinated I get. Well, that is all for now. Press forward! Order bees and order hive kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment