- Aaron has one hive that is going well.
- I started out this morning with 12 hives, but hive #3 was abandoned, so I'm down to 11.
- Hives #1 is doing well and has a honey super on top, but they have not started filling it with honey yet.Hives #4, 5, and 11 are very strong and need to have a second deep box placed on top.
- Hives#2, 6, 7, 9, 11, and 12 are somewhat weak, but I'm going to try and build them up with sugar water.
- Hives #8 & 10 had no queens in them, but I found two frames with a queen cell on each, so I placed on in each hive.
Saturday, June 25, 2011
This morning I went up to the farm for a detailed inspection of my hives. A quick summary of the hives are as follows: