Search This Blog

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bee Log Attempted Transfer

I checked on the log today and with the warm weather every bee in the area was robbing it!  I had Aaron's hive that died out but still had comb and honey in it, so I tried transferring the log to it.  Some bees I shook into the hive, the the others that were on the inside of the log, I decided to try sitting the log on top of the hive.  It's a long shot, but I figure that without a queen and a long winter they don't have much of a chance anyway.  Oh, I also found two emergency queen cells on a piece of comb in the log...unfortunately, there isn't a drone in a hundred miles!

UPDATE: On March 16th I checked on the bees and they were all dead...some in the log and others in the hive.

No comments:

Post a Comment