Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Terry Hopper Swarm

Today, Dawn & I received a call from my old friend Terry Hopper who reported a small swarm from his wild bee hive in a tree on his property.  So, before dinner we drove out to check it out.  After a few minutes of discussion and pursuation I had Terry suited up to capture his first hive of bees.

Here is the small swarm hanging on a branch about 50 feet from the mother hive.



Terry & Larry are getting ready to shake the bees into the traveling nuc box.



Terry's first photo as a beekeeper, followed by the question....Now What???

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for making the topic of bees SO interesting. You gave a great demonstration during the "Ag in the Classroom" tour in June. I will be incorporating many aspects of this topic into my elementary lessons for years to come.

    ReplyDelete