Today, Jessica & I went to the farm between activities to check on the new hive from the extraction on Labor Day; we met Dawn there following her trip up North. As I looked through the hive frame by frame I found the queen I marked on Monday, and placed her frame back in the hive. Two or three frames later I found another queen! I suddenly spoke, "By golly, it was two hives." I quickly gathered a few hive components and split this hive with one queen in each hive.
I also did a quick look at some of the other hives and found the Kull hive was not in good shape with very low numbers and poor laying pattern; this hive will not survive winter, so I need to start planning my winter preps to allow as many hives to survive winter as possible.